As a parent of a minor patient(less than 18 years old), you can register to view your child's Geisinger medical record and communicate on their behalf. To request parental access, you must:
- Be the birth parent or legal guardian of a child under 18 years old
- Have access to your own MyGeisinger account
- Complete and return the appropriate parental authorization form to Geisinger.
To determine if you need to return a signed copy, please determine which of the following best describe your needs:
If your child is under the age of 14 you have two options available to you:
- If you are a registered MyGeisinger user, you can request access to your child's account by simply logging into your account and following the 'Request Family Record Access' link under the 'Family Records' tab. Complete the form, click 'Continue', and your form will be electronically sent for processing. We will notify you with a MyGeisinger message that the access has been set up. Access is not immediate. Processing usually takes 5-7 business days.
- If you do not wish to electronically submit your form by logging into MyGeisinger, Click here to complete the Under 14 Proxy Form. Once complete you must print it and mail it back to the address provided on the form.
If your child is between 14 and 17 years old:
- If you already have a MyGeisinger account, log in and request access by following the 'Request Family Record Access' link under the 'Family Records' tab. If you do not have a MyGeisinger account, Click here to access the 14-17 Proxy Form.
- Complete and print the form, provide the appropriate signatures, and mail to the address provided on the form. Your request will be processed once the form is received. When the request is finalized we will notify you with a MyGeisinger message or a letter will be sent if you are not an active MyGeisinger user advising that the access has been set up. Access is not immediate. Processing usually takes 5-7 business days.
If you are NOT a registered MyGeisinger user, you can request access to your child's account and as part of providing access to you, a MyGeisinger account will be created for you.